Friday, September 11, 2009

NEVER FORGET - Eight Year Anniversary

I sit here this evening not believing it's been eight years since the awful events of 9-11 unfolded. Let us remember all of the victims, the families, the FDNY, the NYPD and our troops. God bless America!!

What were you doing at 8:45am on 9-11-01?? I can tell you I believe that this day everyone will always remember what they were doing and where they were. As for me, I was traveling back to Florida from Pennsylvania with my father and Courtney. We were actually around the Pentagon when the plane hit. I can still hear the conversation my dad and I had in regards to this single airplane flying really low and it seemed odd. Unfortunately, we had no clue what was going on until we were somewhere in North Carolina. With Courtney only being 2, there wasn't a radio on - just a tv my dad brought for her so she could watch movies on the long trip. My dad actually had his cell phone off and we have no clue why. When we stopped to get gas, he looked and realized it was off. Boy did he have a ton of missed calls and messages asking about us. It's something I will never forget.

My kids will grow up not knowing what it was like before 9-11-01 and Patriot Day. It's something that no one will ever forget.

I have to say - I'm proud to be an American!!

No comments: