Monday, September 7, 2009

Another BIG break in blogging

Well, it's been crazy/hectic here. Let me kind of 'fill you in' on what's been going on since our move.
  • Courtney went to Florida for 17 days and returned safely :o)
  • Got hired to work for Aledo ISD @ Stuard Elementary working from 7:30-2 as a Child Nutrition Worker (fancy name for cafeteria worker) but it's a job!!
  • Had fingerprints/background check done
  • Took Food Handler's Class to get my card to work in the cafeteria.
  • Gave Marti and James' goats shots - a first for me. Goats have tough/thick skin and I am not use to that at all!
  • Had 2 work days before school started
  • School started August 24th for all 3 of us! Yep you read that right - all 3 of us - Courtney, CJ and me!!
  • CJ started Kindergarten and is LOVIN' it!
  • I'm taking Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology I (again since it's been 3+ years since I took it last).
  • CJ is on the Silver Bullets T-ball team. Games start on Sept. 12th!! It's so different for us to watch him out there compared to Courtney and it's a learning curve for us too.
  • Been to 2 Aledo Bearcat Football games and they won both. At the first game, CJ got to 'meet' the Bearcat
  • Watched Josh march on the 4th of September - and I actually picked him out of the field - pretty lucky!
  • Celebrated Josh's 15th birthday on Saturday night. I can't believe he's 15 - where has all the years gone? I remember him on my wedding day - so small!!
That's everything in a nutshell. I have my first exam this Wednesday and it's been hard to study this weekend due to being sick but thanks to Marti, I'm feeling better!!

Hope everyone is doing great! Hopefully it won't be so long until I blog again but there are no promises!

No comments: