Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just a little update...

We actually have some tournament dates for the Lady Bombers99 Softball team! Courtney will be playing Sept. 13, Sept. 27 and Oct. 18. They are only Saturday tournaments but they could be ALL DAY LONG!!! Games usually start about 8am and if you keep winning (which is what we want to do), you can plan on staying at the ball field ALL DAY!! I can't wait to start taking pictures. Her colors are orange and black plus white for accent (I guess). We've ordered her uniform and socks...debating about the helmet (it's $22 plus an additional $10 for the face guard in front) since they all want to match - or atleast the Moody Trio does :o)

Courtney's pitching is going to kill me. I got nailed in the kneecap yesterday and I've never felt it 'move' before until then. It's so sore, swollen and bruised that it really hurt to walk and do much of anything yesterday after it happened. It's really time to buckle down and start saving some money for those catcher's knee/shin guards. Stairs aren't fun to go up at all!! It'll improve slowly but I still don't have an option - I still gotta catch for her since Jason is usually working late. At least I'm not afraid of the ball :o)

CJ just LOVES school. He got to be the line leader last week and the blessing helper this week. He was so sad on Friday because he got 2 days off and 'lost his job' of line leader. It was cute. He isn't thrilled about having 3 days off this weekend but I told him daddy had off Saturday and Sunday so he cheered up a bit. He can't wait to figure out what his job will be next week. Tomorrow they are cooking - Shape snack mix - I guess it's not really cooking but you know what I mean. Hopefully he'll try it since he got to bring in the triangle shape - Tricuit Crisps.

That's all happening here for now!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Sounds like you have another full schedule ahead. Best of luck to Courtney and her team. Sorry about your knee, but it's better than getting hit in the head that hard.

I'm glad CJ loves school, that always helps. I'm sure he can't wait to start a sport too.

Take care. Love and miss you all.