Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's been quite a while....sorry

Let me recount a few things...LOL


Courtney thoroughly enjoyed her softball camp at UAB. I didn't take any pictures which is ok but I wish I had brought my camera the last day. I forgot that they did 'awards' and out of more than 50+ girls, Courtney received the 'Hussle Award' and got a UAB hat. She LOVES that hat and wears it often :o) She also received many compliments and one from the head coach who sought me out after the camp was over. Coach Townsend said that "She has what it takes to be an outstanding ball player. It's in her blood and don't let her give it up!". When I ended up telling Coach Townsend about this past spring was her first official season - she was literally shocked since she plays so well and everything. That was a HUGE compliment and it made Courtney's day!

Oh yes, the softball team party went well. That's the only thing I asked. All the girls enjoyed it and really that's all that mattered to me.

We finally found a large plastic pool for CJ (and Courtney). I did take pictures and those will be posted further down. He LOVES the pool. Now, when we cleaned it up just the other day, we killed the grass underneath but it'll grow back and well worth it with the fun he had!

Courtney did her follow up with Dr. Brasfield on Thursday afternoon. She is doing great except for her testing for pulmonary functions. So, with everything we've done, she will be going for further testing at Children's Hospital. She'll take the pulmonary function test there (it's the Cadillac version compared to the Volkswagon one they have...lol) and then do a breathing test in a plastic box (not sure what that one is called). We'll be called on Monday by Dr. Brasfield's office to have it scheduled hopefully soon. From there, we might have to continue with more testing or proceed with stronger steriods (which we prefer not to do even Dr. Brasfield prefers to do that as the last resort so that's why it has taken so long to get there.) As soon as we figure everything out, I'll post.


I'm sure I'm missing posting about something but I need to make sure I post more and even if they are small posts :o)


I know I owe pictures and here are a few....













CJ was so proud of himself putting his face underwater and not wanting to wipe the water off. He doesn't mind it in the shower but for some reason - the pool makes a difference...lol

I'll make another post with more pictures later. Blogger isn't letting me add more - it's stuck right now. I'll make sure I add the picture of the party cake, the bruise on my knee a week after I was hit there by a pitch from Courtney (it was a fast and hard pitch which is what we want but not for me to catch it on my knee...LOL), my office wall area that I added something to along with the pictures around it, and a few more - like our kitchen floor and updated pictures of Biscuit!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Love the update and pictures. I can hardly wait for more.

Love and miss you all.

The Schou Family Blog said...

CJ looks like he is having fun. Can't wait to see more pictures. Love ya