Friday, February 29, 2008

Woo Hoo!

I have a phone line and Internet service back!! We haven't had either since sometime Tuesday way early in the morning due to the terrible storm that came through. I must say, I believe a tornado hit Leeds (the city right next to us). There is a lot of damage and just to name a few things - a house is gone, one lady was killed by a tree falling on her house, and the new Leeds Softball field is destroyed! My friend took me through the path and let me just say, it was awful and can't even imagine what a 'bad' tornado would do. There was a BIG tree uprooted...just really sad.

Tomorrow officially starts Spring Softball season! We have practice from 9am-11:15am. We are one excited household :o) I found out how Courtney 'scored' at try-outs - out of 40 possible points - she got a 30!!! I'm so proud of her! There were only 4 girls who scored 30 or above and the highest score was a 34. Let me just say, softball must be definitely in her blood considering she didn't get to play for 4 weeks in fall due to her buckle fracture but did a heck of a lot better than some girls out there that have played for a few more seasons! She wants to learn how to pitch so we are going to let her learn. She tried at the try-outs and actually has the technique and the consistency but just has to work on the accuracy of getting the ball up and over the plate - not rolling on the plate.

I wish I would have known in January about the USA Olympic Softball team playing right here in B'ham - I would have loved to take her. Thankfully Jason knows some people so he's going to ask about tickets. Rhonda and I plan on taking Courtney and Lauren to a UAB softball game in March (right before Easter) if possible. Plus, we are saving money to let Courtney due to softball clinics during the summer which she wishes was sooner!!

CJ is just as excited about being at the ballpark as the rest of us. He already sees Hannah (Lauren's little sister) almost every day in car line but will definitely see her every day at the ball field. They are so cute together - fighting like an old married couple - it's just too funny!! I'm sure he'll be playing next fall - either Cap Ball or TBall - but we'll just wait and see.

That's all that's happening here. Just remember - softball practice and games take 5 out of 7 days so I'll be busy especially with being co-team mom with Rhonda. We have lots to plan and get ready for the season. I'm really looking forward to sharing this season with everyone - expect pictures :o)

No comments: