Monday, October 8, 2007

It's Monday!!!

Yes you can hear excitement in my voice when writing 'It's Monday!!!' Not everyone's typical reaction to a Monday but it's a BIG day here!! Courtney is getting her cast off this afternoon :o) Jumping up and down with her!!!

Let me share what has been going on here. Courtney's softball team joined the Homecoming parade that was Friday early afternoon so I was voted to help with that small float. Let me just say the girls had a blast!!
If you click on the pictures, you can see it enlarged. You can see our softballs with names (Courtney's isn't like the rest since the mom who made them only had a batting lineup for it and of course, Courtney isn't batting yet). Courtney was fine with it and enjoyed one on there no matter how it was looking! We painted 2 pink rockets (their team name is Moody Pink Rockets) on black butcher paper and on the end of the trailer. CJ was actually in the Tahoe riding and having a good time!

Then Friday night we went to the high school homecoming game since Courtney's friend Ashley was raising the American Flag. It was neat to watch.

Saturday brought another busy day...a birthday party for a Brownie friend and then going to watch Ashley cheer at the 95lb. football game. They also had a small homecoming celebration which she was presented at half time.

After the game, we celebrated CJ's birthday with Ashley's family. CJ had to have another CARS related birthday. Thankfully, Walmart has come out with another type of CARS cake. He picked the cupcake cake! I still can't believe my baby will be 4 tomorrow!! These years are just flying by!

Then Sunday brought us looking at the house again and we have carpet and lights in the basement!!! I forgot my camera so no pictures but I'm sure we'll be there again this week and I will definitely take it.

Another Sunday event - a softball game. Courtney got to play!! Yep, you read that right - she played with cast! The other team didn't have enough players and decided to use a few girls from the 10 and under team which meant an automatic win for us! All coaches decided to make it a practice game and Courtney was able to play!! That made her day!! She even hit the ball at her first bat and got on base! She eventually got out at 3rd but she did awesome!! Wish I had my camera but I didn't.

All this leads us to today - CAST OFF!!!! Hopefully the dr. will give us extremely good news and maybe she'll play tomorrow night but if not, she'll be playing soon!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! I'm hoping to post more but with the scrapbooking retreat I'm attending this weekend and hosting - I need to get ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! They did a great job of matching the color of Courtney's shirt and cast!!! Congratulations to Courtney on her cast removal!!!

Happy Birthday, CJ!!! I'm sorry I missed it - I haven't hit one yet this year.

I'm so thrilled that you are so involved and enjoying these years so very much! The DO go by too quickly.

Hugs to each of you!