Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Suffering from "Sticker Shock"

Ok...I KNOW teeth are expensive and all but no matter what, orthodontics still come as a sticker shock!!

Courtney's first adventure to the orthodontist was this afternoon. She has a 'cross bite' on her left side. We did our 'free' consultation today and started treatment. She received 2 spacers on the top. Next Wednesday @ 3pm - she'll be there for over an hour getting braces. Then the following week, she'll get her palate expander. Thank goodness those have changed over the years and the one she'll be getting won't have a key!! No turning for us. As it stands right now, she'll be in braces for 24 months - possibly more. I'll definitely be getting pictures as we go along :o)

On another note, I had a wonderful birthday dinner and cake with my sisters and their families. Brien had been wanting lasagna and since no one in his family eats it, he asked Misti to call me to see if I'd like it for dinner. I must say, Brien's lasagna is YUMMY!!! It's so good there was only one piece left (not anymore as CJ is eating it for dinner right now). Misti made a butter cake that she turned really green - almost HULK green and made half with chocolate frosting and half with white frosting turned mint green. Marti took pictures but I haven't gotten them yet from her. It was a great birthday since I got to celebrate it with my sisters :o)

Not much else happening.

No comments: